Sunday, June 30, 2013

I abandoned my child!

 

Okay, I didn't really abandon my child, I just left him with James quite a lot while I went out to do things for, well, for myself this weekend. It's nice to get out sans baby every now and again, and I'm very lucky that I can, but I always feel spectacularly guilty for leaving him. That infamous scene in There Will Be Blood has been running through my head constantly for the past two days.

I had a great time, though. First off I had my third driving lesson on Saturday morning. It went far better than the previous two, and this week I only had one near-fatal incident. Baby steps. After that it was home for a quick change and then into town to catch up with C, L and V for a late birthday lunch. We went to the Riding House Cafe, ate eggs florentine, drank wine and disappeared into Wimpy-sized chocolate fudge sundaes. It was so good that we decided to make it the inaugural meeting of Weekend Brunch Club. That's my kind of club.

Daddy daycare had gone well. When I got home James and Samuel were both sporting stacking cups on their heads.


Today I had an appointment at the hairdressers (my grey roots were coming through so badly I was starting to resemble a badger), so knowing that I wouldn't be around for a chunk of the afternoon, I frogmarched the boys to the park in the morning for some organised family fun. Yes, I have become that person. Still, with swings and seesaws galore, we all did have fun, be it organised or otherwise.


1 comment:

  1. Good to see J and S sporting the stacking cup Fez. Glad it's not just me a Zac that think that this is perfectly normal attire of an evening.

    ReplyDelete